News

‘Lucky to be alive’

Thursday, 26 April 2018

‘Lucky to be alive’ thumbnailThe faulty tumble dryer which cause Lisa McAfee's home to catch fire.

A BALLYCASTLE woman who had a lucky escape after her tumble dryer caught fire and the blaze spread to her oil tank has warned others' never to leave electrical appliances on overnight.
Speaking to The Chronicle, Lisa McAfee said what had been just a "normal Sunday evening" turned into her worst nightmare as her and son Conrad, 13, fled their home in the early hours  to avoid the flames.
Lisa, who lives in the Broombeg area of the town and works for Hagan's Leisure at the Causeway Coast Holiday Park said: "I had been away for the weekend so I was getting caught up washing and drying Conrad's school uniform and my work uniform.
“Before I went to bed I put his shirt in the tumble dryer, never thinking for a minute that something like this could happen."
Lisa explained how her phone woke her just before 1.30am and a neighbour told her she could see her shed on fire.

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete