News

Donít go, Mervyn!

Thursday, 18 May 2017

Donít go, Mervyn! thumbnailNorth West 200 Event Director Mervyn Whyte says he wonít make any rash decisions about his future

THE most successful rider in North West 200 history is leading calls for Mervyn Whyte to remain at the helm of Northern Ireland's greatest sporting event after hinting this could be his last year in charge.
On Monday Mr Whyte told The Chronicle that he intends to spend the next six weeks mulling over his future as Event Director at which point he will announce whether he will remain in the post or step down.
That led to an impassioned plea from Alastair Seeley who claimed the Coleraine and District Motor Club event would be much poorer without him, given how much it has improved during his 17 year tenure.

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete